Monday, February 9, 2015

McCroskey and Caeruleo try to mangle art on aaj...

On Sunday, February 8, 2015 at 5:45:31 PM UTC-6, Caeruleo wrote:
> In article <54d59c54 mcadams.posc.mu.edu="">,
>  Sandy McCroskey wrote:
>
> > Marsh, do you think Mozart's being killed, if he was, had anything to do
> > with the Minnesota Orchestra, the state of Minnesota or the selection by
> > Ms. Brown's parents of her first name?
>
> Just a "wild guess," but I'm sorta doubting Mozart even knew Minnesota
> existed before he died, because...well...there wasn't any region called
> "Minnesota" on this planet when he died in 1791.  The Dakotas did call a
> certain river in that area "Mnsota," but I'm aware of no credible evidence
> that any group of humans using any language called that *region*
> "Minnesota" in any context until well after 1791.  Just sayin'.
>
> ;-)

Caeruleo, not surprisingly, seems to be missing the point.  And in doing so, he is making my point for me.

The term "Minnesota" in 1791 was used by the Sioux Indians to describe a river with 'sky blue water'.  The state of Minnesota did not exist until the 1860's. So it is unlikely Mozart or Shikenader had heard the word "Minnesota".

But Mozart uses the word in the artistic environment of the opera The Magic Flute to describe an evil character who was a fraud who had snuck into the temple of Sarastro and tries to destroy Pamina.

I use the term to describe the person in the MO who tried to destroy me and target my children. I could use that person's real name, as I am speaking the truth, without getting sued, but I choose not to.  So I call this person "Monostato".  This person has the same role in  my life that "Monostatos" had in The Magic Flute.

So the real question is how, if at all, Mozart and/or Shikenader virtually pulled out a word from thin air to describe a character who has come to life in the 21st century who plays in an orchestra whose name was not changed to "Minnesota" until 1968.

I won't hold my breath waiting for any of you who demand a literal, as opposed to an artistic, interpretation to find any value in this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment